Heading south in Massachusetts today for our bucket list series!
- Minots Ledge Light: Offshore lighthouse located near two towns.
- Massasoit State Park: Features trails through woods and along cranberry bogs.
- Fort Phoenix Beach State Reservation: Old Revolutionary era fort located along the water.
- Borden Flats Lighthouse: Historic lighthouse located in the river.
- Fall River Heritage State Park: Historic area of town that preserves a WWII battleship.
- Boston Harbor Island State Park: Located south of Boston within Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area.
- Wompatuck State Park: Beautiful area to hike and camp away from the busy cities.
- World’s End: Hike along this peninsula that serves as a conservation area.
- Fort Revere: Historic site contains remains of two different fortifications.
- Hull Lifesaving Museum: This historic museum shows how this service eventually joined with the Coast Guard.
- Ned’s Point Light: Historic lighthouse named after a local farmer.
- Butler Flats Light: Sparkplug lighthouse located in the outer harbor.
- Fort Tabor: Old Civil War era fort.
- Moby Dick Statue: Sculpture dedicated to that famous literary white whale.
- New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center: Learn the history of commercialized fishing in the area.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum: Focuses on the history and culture of whaling in the area.
- New Bedford Whaling National Historic Park: Commemorates the whaling industry of the area in the 19th century.
- Palmer’s Island Lighthouse: Lighthouse built of stone rubble.
- Demarest Lloyd State Park: Park contains an ocean beach and marshlands.
- Borderland State Park: Park contains the famous Ames Mansion.
- Brewster Gardens: Park has a path that runs along the brook.
- Ellisville Harbor State Park: Explore the coastal beauty of the western shore of Cape Cod.
- Mayflower Society House: Take a tour of this historic house and learn more about those who arrived on the Mayflower.
- Pilgrim Hall Museum: Learn the history of the Pilgrims in the oldest public museum in the nation.
- Pilgrim Memorial State Park: Waterfront park that is home to Plymouth Rock.
- Plymouth Light: Historic light accessible from the town of Duxbury.
- Scituate Light: Gorgeous historic lighthouse located along the shore.
All attractions found on visitma.com