Today we begin a new state! It may be a smaller state, but it is rich with history and there’s plenty to do and explore! We begin in the Western portion of the state!
- Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum: Birthplace of the woman who help give other women the vote!
- Emily Dickinson Museum: Birthplace and home of famed poet, Emily Dickinson.
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art: Museum devoted to the art of the picture book.
- Mount Holyoke Range State Park: Explore this 7 miles stretch of mountain range.
- Clarksburg State Park: Hike through this hardwood forest that offers mountain views.
- Chesterwood: Home of the famed sculpture who created icons such as the seated Abraham Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial.
- Monument Mountain: Hike the short trail to the summit of this mountain.
- Mount Greylock State Reservation: Preserves the highest point in the state.
- Mass Audubon Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary: Explore 7 miles of hiking trails along the pond and woods area.
- Bash Bish Falls state Park: Explore the waterfall within the park.
- Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation: Take in stunning views from this mountain.
- The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum: Museum dedicated to all things Dr. Seuss, a Springfield native.
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame: Explore the history of the sport of basketball and all the great players who have made it memorable.
- Norman Rockwell Museum: Museum dedicated to the artwork of Norman Rockwell.
All attractions found at visitma.com