Today we head into an area filled with lots of state parks! So much to enjoy here.
- Hannah Duston Memorial: Honors the woman who was captured during King William’s War, and killed her captors to escape.
- Wellington State Park: Features the largest freshwater swimming beach in the state.
- Cornish Windsor Bridge: Longest wooden covered bridge in the United States.
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site: Home of one of America’s famous sculptors.
- Daniel Webster Birthplace: Historic home of Daniel Webster.
- Sculptured Rocks Natural Area: Hike along these rock formations and explore the little swimming hole.
- Cardigan Mountain State Park: Hike trails along this mountain or summit to the top.
- Lake Sunapee: Enjoy this lake and the three lighthouses along it.
- Rollins State Park: Park located along the southern slope of Mount Kearsarge.
- Plummers Ledge Natural Area: Features glacial potholes.
- Winslow State Park: Located on the northwest side of Mount Kearsarge, this park has a short trail that leads to the summit!
Most attractions found in the New Hampshire Visitor Guide.