We now move back into a more populous area of Maine. This region features the city of Augusta and the surrounding areas.
- First Amendment Museum: This museum is dedicated to the understanding of our First Amendment and the rights it guarantees.
- Maine State Museum: Explore the history of the state.
- Old Fort Western: Former British colonial outpost built during the French and Indian War.
- Viles Arboretum: Beautiful botanical garden with 6 different hiking trails.
- Ladies Delight Light: Island lighthouse on Lake Cobbosseecontee which can be viewed by boat.
- Blueberry Hill: Hike to the top of this hill for some stunning vistas of this mountain area.
- South Solon Meeting House: Historic church building from the 1840s.
- Bigelow Preserve: Enjoy several hikes in this mountain area, especially the Fire Warden Trail.
- Colby College Museum of Art: Amazing art museum on this college campus.
- Moxie Falls: Hike this trail to one of Maine’s highest waterfalls.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner.