Today we combine together two regions in Maine as both areas are more sparsely populated and therefore were both shorter lists!
- Lily Bay State Park: Located on the shores of Moosehead Lake, the second largest lake in New England.
- Maine Forest and Logging Museum: This open air museum helps preserve the history of the logging industry in Maine.
- Gulf Hagas: Huge gorge that has a beautiful waterfall feature.
- Peaks-Kenny State Park: Hike trails and enjoy the beautiful white sand beach at this park.
- Moosehead Marine Museum: Offers historic cruises along Moosehead Lake.
- Mount Kineo State Park: Hike to the summit of this mountain via a moderately strenuous trail along the ledges.
- Madawaska Four Corners Park: This park claims itself to be “one of the four corners of the USA” (lower 48 of course!)
- Baxter State Park: This park sits near the end/beginning of the Appalachian Trail.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner.