Today’s region is a longer list because it is filled with something we love to seek out when traveling along coastlines: Lighthouses!
- Doubling Point Light: Grounds open to public and can be viewed from a sightseeing cruise.
- Squirrel Point Light: Access the grounds from a trail.
- Maine’s First Ship: A rebuilding of the first ship to be built in America.
- Maine Maritime Museum: Explore the state’s maritime history and how it had a global impact.
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens: Beautiful gardens that include a mile of tidewater shoreline.
- Burnt Island Light: Entrance to Boothbay Harbor.
- Ram Island Light: Best seen from sightseeing cruises.
- Pemaquid Point Light: Entrance to two bays.
- Camden Hills State Park: Provides beautiful views overlooking the bay.
- Curtis Island Light: Public park accessible by boat.
- Ram Island Ledge Light: Privately owned lighthouse you can view by boat.
- Franklin Island Light: Viewed only by boat.
- Perkins Island Light: Viewed only by boat.
- Pond Island Light: Viewed only by boat.
- Cliff Trail: Popular trail that features a waterfall.
- Halfway Rock Light: Seen from the southern tip of Bailey Island.
- Grindle Point Light: Can be reached by ferry.
- Mantinicus Rock Light: Island maintained as a bird sanctuary.
- Monehegan Island Light: Tour the grounds a museum.
- Goose Rocks Light: Visible only by boat.
- Rockland Harbor Southwest Light: Grounds are open to the public.
- Seguin Island Light: Open to private boaters and sometimes accessed by cruise tours.
- Marshall Point Light: Grounds open to the public.
- Rockland Breakwater Light: Located at the end of the breakwater.
- Beech Hill: Summit this hill via a trail.
- CMCA: Enjoy the emerging art at this museum.
- Indian Island Light: Lighthouse best viewed from Rockport Maine Park.
- Cuckolds Lighthouse: View from the public landing in Southport.
- Two Bush Island Light: Visible only from boat.
- Tenants Harbor Light: Only visible by boat.
- White Head Light: Station not open to public. View from afar.
- Fort Point Light: Grounds accessible to public.
- General Henry Knox Museum: Learn all about the life of Revolutionary War Hero, Henry Knox.
- Brown’s Head Light: Grounds open to public.
- Heron Neck Light: Only visible from boat.
- Saddleback Ledge Light: Only visible from boat.
- Hendricks Head Light: View from a beach in West Southport.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner.