Today we head to the region of Maine that holds its largest city: Portland.
- Fort Williams Park: This large park holds several historic sites.
- Portland Head Light: Explore this picturesque lighthouse located within Fort Williams Park.
- L.L. Bean: Explore the largest (and first ever) L.L. Bean at its flagship store.
- First Parish Church: Visit this historic church that was built in the 1800’s for a congregation that existed since the 1600s!
- Mackworth Island: Hike the perimeter of the island.
- Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse: Walk out on the breakwater to view this lighthouse.
- Bradbury Mountain State Park: Hike trails along this mountain. There’s a loop trail designed for hikers of all abilities.
- Scarborough Marsh: Explore this salt water marsh area.
- Bug Light Park: Enjoy this ocean walkway that leads to this little lighthouse.
All attractions found in the 2021 Maine Travel Planner.