Back at the blog for one more full week of Bucket List entries before we head out on an adventure next week! That means the following week I will finally have some “real life” adventures to share once more! But for this week we will round out New York and get a start on Vermont. Three days of New York left!
- Pinnacle State Park: Take in some stunning views from this high up park.
- Harriet Tubman National Historical Park: Visit the house of this famed Underground Railroad conductor.
- Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansions State Historic Park: Visit the grounds of this sprawling Victorian estate.
- Waverly Glen Park: Small city park that features a waterfall.
- American Red Cross, Clara Barton House Chapter #1: This house details the history of the Red Cross and the life of Clara Barton.
- Mark Twain Study and Exhibit: Visit the small cottage where they idea of Huck Finn was born.
- Newtown Battlefield State Park: Site of American Revolution battle.
- Fair Haven Beach State Park: Park that sits on the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Buttermilk Falls State Park: Park names for the waterfall located in the park.
- Cascadilla Creek Gorge: Enjoy several waterfalls along this creek.
- Ithaca Falls on Fall Creek: One of several falls along the creek, this one is near the downtown area.
- Robert H. Treman State Park: Features a gorge with several waterfalls.
- Clark Reservation State Park: Park features a lake formed from a glacial waterfall.
- Havana Glen Park and Gorge: Small park that has a short trail leading to a waterfall.
- Fillmore Glen State Park: Wooded park that features a gorge and waterfall.
- Ontario County Park at Gannett Hill: Take in the views from one of the highest spots in the county.
- Pratts Falls County Park: Scenic trails lead to a 137 ft waterfall.
- Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Historical Society and Museum: Lighthouse that sits above Lake Ontario.
- High Falls: One of three sets of waterfalls along the Genesee River.
- National Susan B. Anthony Museum and House: Home of Susan B. Anthony for 40 years while she was fighting for women’s rights.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton House: Home of Suffragist, Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- National Women’s Hall of Fame: Dedicated to the women who have changed the world.
- Women’s Rights National Historical Park: Preserves the site of the first Women’s Rights Convention.
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum: Picturesque lighthouse located on the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Erie Canal Museum: Dives into the history of the Erie Canal.
- Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science and Technology: Hands on science museum for all ages.
- Taughannock Falls State Park: Park features a stunning 215 ft waterfall.
- National Memorial Day Museum: Visit the house where the idea of Memorial Day was born.
- Watkins Glen State Park: Beautiful hiking area to explore the rock formations and waterfall.
- Chimney Bluffs State Park: These dramatic bluffs can be explored high above Lake Ontario.
All attractions found at iloveny.com