Moving further up into the state, we now approach the capital city region.
- Empire State Plaza Observation Deck: Take in views of the city from this skyscaper.
- New York State Capitol: Explore the main government building of the state.
- New York State Museum: Learn about the history of the state.
- Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site: Home of Phillip Schuyler.
- USS Slater: Tour this WWII destroyer.
- Cohoes Falls: Wide waterfall on the Mohawk River.
- Sleeping Beauty Mountain: Hike this 7 mile trail for views of Lake George.
- Johnson Hall State Historic Site: Home of William Johnson, a British superintendent, who works with Indian relations.
- Cherry Plain State Park: Hike the woods of the Taconic Valley.
- Saratoga Spa State Park: Visit the renowned baths, mineral springs, and spa.
- Museum of Innovation and Science: Check out this hands on science center.
- Fort Hardy Park: Site of an important fort in the French and Indian War.
- General Phillip Schuyler House: Home to Alexander Hamilton’s father in law.
- Saratoga National Historical Park: Preserves the battlefields of the Battle of Saratoga.
- John Boyd Thacher State Park: Provides scenic mountain and valley views.
- Bennington Battlefield State Historic Site: Preserves a battle site of the American Revolution.
- Peebles Island State Park: Hike trails on this island at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers.
- Grant Cottage State Historic Site: Final home of President Grant before he died of throat cancer.
All attractions found at iloveny.com