Today we begin exploring a new state: New York! With New York being a larger state, it is split into 11 distinct regions. Our first two will take us to the most visited areas of Long Island and NYC, and the other 9 will explore the upstate region.
Cold Spring Harbor
- Cold Spring Harbor State Park: Nice park area that overlooks the harbor.
- Fire Island Lighthouse: Iconic black and white lighthouse located within Fire Island National Seashore.
- Fire Island National Seashore: Explore this protected area of beach along Fire Island.
- The Big Duck: Unique building in the shape of a duck.
- Huntington Harbor Lighthouse: View this light from the shore of the harbor.
- Montauk Point Lighthouse Museum: Take a tour of this little lighthouse.
- Montauk Point State Park: Visit the easternmost part of Long Island.
- Shadmoor State Park: Visit the peaceful bluffs of this park.
- Orient Beach State Park: Hike and swim at this park along a narrow strip of land.
- Sagamore Hills National Historic Site: Former home of Theodore Roosevelt.
- Execution Rocks Lighthouse: View this lighthouse from shore.
- Horton Point Lighthouse: Tour this picturesque lighthouse.
- Wildwood State Park: Enjoy the beach area of this park.
All attractions found at iloveny.com