Today’s region features the large city of Pittsburgh and the area that surrounds it!
- Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village: Site of the oldest human habitation in North America.
- Buttermilk Falls Natural Area: Located just off the highway, this waterfall area makes a nice pit stop.
- Raccoon Creek State Park: Beautiful area to hike, and one of Pennsylvania’s most visited state parks.
- Mount Washington Overlook: Take in sweeping views of the city from this scenic overlook.
- National Aviary: Explore all the birds at the nation’s largest aviary.
- Old Allegheny County Jail: Explore the architecture of this old building.
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens: Stroll through these stunning gardens.
- Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium: One of only six major zoo and aquarium combinations in the U.S.
- Senator John Heinz History Center: Pennsylvania’s largest history museum that has a separate sport’s history complex as well!
- McConnell’s Mill State Park: Explore stunning beauty at this park that is home to a historic mill, deep gorge, and waterfalls!
- Moraine State Park: Hike along the hills and woods at this park.
All attractions found at visitpa.com