Today we start a new state in the bucket list series….Ohio! Please note, in the Ohio guide they base these on city “areas” so some attractions may be located a little outside the larger city they are associated with!
- National Construction Equipment Museum: Check out all the equipment in outdoor displays and how it’s changed over time.
- Spangler Candy Company: Explore the candy world from the creators who brought us Dum-Dums!
- Van Buren State Park: Park that sits on the shores of Van Buren Lake.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museum: Explore the life of this former president.
- Mary Jane Thurston State Park: Sits on the banks of the Maumee River and located near the historic Miami and Erie Canals.
- Marblehead Lighthouse State Park: Oldest lighthouse in continuous operation on the U.S. side of the Great Lakes.
- Catawba Island State Park: Public park along Lake Erie.
- East Harbor State Park: Located on a peninsula that juts into Lake Erie.
- Middle Bass Island State Park: Great place to enjoy the beach.
- North Bass Island State Park: Primitive park with some fun hiking trails.
- Oak Point State Park: Bayside park with scenic views.
- South Bass Island State Park: This park is accessible by ferry and features a small beach area.
- Seneca Caverns: One of Ohio’s largest caverns.
- Maumee Bay State Park: Park along the shores of Lake Erie.
- National Museum of the Great Lakes: Learn stories of life along the Great Lakes and the great history they provide!
- Toledo Zoo: Come visit this zoo that is ranked one of the best in the nation.
- Bicycle Museum of America: One of the largest private collections of bicycles in the nation is on display at this museum.
- Lake Loramie State Park: Formed from the canals that fed into this lake, this park is a great place for a picnic.
- Harrison Lake State Park: Hike along the rolling hills of the area.
All attractions found in the 2020 Ohio State Travel Guide.