Today we head into the central area of Illinois, the famed home of Abraham Lincoln.
- Decatur 9/11 Memorial: Created from a beam of the World Trade Center, this memorial honors all those who lost their lives that fateful day.
- Griswold Conservation Area: Beautiful smaller park to hike.
- Lake Decatur: Large reservoir where you can enjoy many water activities.
- Challenger Learning Center: Provides tours and missions for all ages.
- ISU Horticulture Center: Fun garden area to explore local plants.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum: Learn all there is to know about Abraham Lincoln at this well laid out library and museum.
- Ace Sign Company Sign Museum: Contains historic signs from Springfield and Route 66.
- Illinois State Capitol: Take a tour of the current state capitol building.
- Illinois State Museum: Explore the life and history of the state of Illinois.
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site: Visit the home of Abraham Lincoln and his family when they lived in Springfield.
- Lincoln Memorial Garden Nature Center: Garden that honors the life of Abraham Lincoln located along the shores of Lake Springfield.
- Lincoln Tomb: Visit the final resting place of this great president.
- Old State Capitol: Tour the old state capitol building and learn about the many famous events that took place there.
- University of Illinois Arboretum: Beautiful park and garden area located on campus.
- Wandell Sculpture Garden: Free outdoor sculpture garden.
All attractions found on enjoyillinois.com.