Today we move into a region of Iowa that we called home for a year while Andrew was on vicarage. We loved our time in the university city of Iowa City!
- Amana Colonies: Take a step back in time and visit the historic streets of the Amana colonies that are now filled with little art boutiques, wineries, meat shops, and more!
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art: Unique art museum featuring many works from Grant Wood.
- National Czech and Slovak Museum: Museum dedicated to the heritage and culture of the Czech and Slovak people.
- Devonian Fossil Gorge: Beautiful nature area created following the flood of 1993. Walk along the old fossils of shells in the area.
- Old Capitol Museum: Iowa City was once the capitol of the state and you can still tour the building that is now located on the University of Iowa campus.
- Wildcat Den State Park: Features beautiful cliffs and rock formations along with some historic buildings.
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum: This quiet unassuming town was home to former President Hoover. See his childhood home and explore the museum/library that shows his accomplishments in his time leading up to and including his presidency and beyond.
All attractions found in the Travel Iowa vacation guide.