Today we move into the northeastern part of South Dakota, the area we currently call home.
- Storybook Land/Land of Oz: Located within Wylie Park, bring your favorite childhood stories to life in this whimsical park.
- McCrory Gardens: Botanical Gardens located on the South Dakota State University Campus.
- Ingalls Homestead: Bring Little House on the Prairie to life by visiting the Ingalls Homestead and experiencing activities related to the books.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Homes: View the actual homes where they Ingalls family spent time.
- World’s Largest Pheasant: Stop by this roadside oddity for some fun photos.
- International Vinegar Museum: Located in a 1930’s auditorium, this small museum in an unassuming town gives you the low down on all things vinegar.
- Fort Sisseton State Park: Explore this fort where 14 original buildings remain.
- Nicollet Tower: Take in the views of the Coteau area from the top of this observation tower.
- Sica Hollow State Park: Named for it’s iron tinted water, this area was special to the Native Americans of the area and offers beautiful hiking.
- Bramble Park Zoo: Small family friendly zoo with a wide range of animals.
- Terry Redlin Art Center: Enjoy the artwork of Terry Redlin.
All attractions found in the 2019 South Dakota Vacation Guide with a few added by me as we live nearby these attractions.