Today’s bucket list encompasses the largest city in the state, Omaha, and its surrounding area.
- Fontenelle Forest: Beautiful area to hike and explore nature.
- Holy Family Shrine: A unique glass walled church.
- Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge: This bridge spans the Missouri River and allows you to straddle the boarder of Nebraska and Iowa. It connects Council Bluffs, IA to Omaha, NE.
- Boystown: Visit the historic location where Father Flannagan established a village to care for young boys and girls in need of help.
- Gerald R. Ford Birthsite and Gardens: These simple gardens mark the site of the first home of former President Ford.
- Great Plains Black History Museum: Tells history through the lens of the African American.
- Heartland of America Park: While currently closed for construction, this beautiful park is located right downtown by the river.
- Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: One of the nation’s top zoos to visit!
- Heron Haven Nature Center: Explore the beautiful wetland sanctuary.
- Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Headquarters and Visitor Center: Located near the pedestrian bridge, this is your go to center for learning about the Lewis and Clark trail.
- Two Rivers State Recreation Area: Great spot for camping and contains 10 restored cabooses that can be rental to sleep in!
All attractions found in on visitnebraska.com