Today we have a slightly smaller list as we look into the Sandhills region, located in the north central part of the state.
- Fort Hartsuff State Historical Park: Preserves a 19th century U.S. Army cavalry outpost.
- Niobrara National Scenic River: The visitor center for this scenic river is located in Valentine but there are many areas of the river that can be explored!
- Smith Falls State Park: Home to Nebraska’s highest waterfall!
- Snake River Falls: Wide waterfall that plunges into a canyon.
- Valentine National Wildlife Refuge: Great place to view common sandhill wildlife.
All attractions found at visitnebraska.com