Moving on to the mountainous region of Wyoming today!
- Ames Monument: Large pyramid dedicated to two brothers who helped fund the Union Pacific railroad.
- National Bighorn Sheep Interpretive Center: Learn all about the habitat of the current largest herd of Bighorn sheep.
- Fort Fred Steele State Historic Site: Built to protect the Union Pacific Railroad from the Native Americans during its construction.
- Museum of the American West: Museum dedicated to those who helped shape the American frontier, complete with a Pioneer Village.
- Women’s History House: Museum dedicated to 13 famous women from the state.
- Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site: Former federal government prison.
- Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum: Take a guided tour of this old prison.
- Castle Gardens Recreation Site: See the petroglyphs carved on Castle Rock.
All attractions found in the 2020 Wyoming Travel Guide.