Today we head as far north into Alaska as we can, to the final region of the final frontier, the Arctic. After this, we return to the lower 48 and will be exploring Montana.
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve: This entire park sits north of the Arctic circle and is the northern most national park in the United States!
- Cape Krusenstern National Monument: Protects an area of beach ridges.
- Kobuk Valley National Park: Known for its giant sand dunes and a great place for caribou sighting.
- Northwest Arctic Heritage Center: Visitor center for Kobuk Valley National Park and home to a museum about the Arctic ecosystem and the native culture.
- Bering Land Bridge National Preserve: Protects the remnants of the Bering Land Bridge that connected Asia to North America long ago.
- Inupiat Heritage Center: Tells how the native population helped the whaling industry.
All attractions found in the 2019 Alaska Travel Guide.