Home to the larger city of Fairbanks, today we explore the interior portion of Alaska.
- Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve: Explore the region of the Yukon River and the Charley River Delta.
- Big Delta State Historical Park: Learn about the area that was a crossroads on the Valdez-Fairbanks Trail.
- Denali National Park and Preserve: Home to the highest mountain peak in North America.
- Aurora Pointe Activity Center: Great place to explore the Northern lights.
- Gold Dredge 8: Explore the work of dredging a gold mine and other mining history.
- Museum of the North: Explore the history of the area.
- Running Reindeer Ranch: Walk with reindeer at this family farm.
- SS Nenana National Historic Landmark: This 5 deck sternwheeler is one of three left in the US.
- Aurora Ice Museum: Year round complete ice environment.
- Chena Hot Springs: Wonderful hot springs and a great place to view the auroras.
- Santa Claus House: This town is completely dedicated to year round Christmas and the place where all letters to Santa are sent!
All attractions found in the 2019 Alaska Travel Guide.