Today we move to a region of Alaska that is more easily accessible by boat instead of car. Granted a lot of Alaska is more easily accessed by boat or bush plane versus a car!
- Attu Battlefield and U.S. Army and Navy Airfields National Historic Landmark: One of a few sites in Alaska related to its involvement in WWII.
- Kodiak National Park and Preserve: Known for its grizzly bears that you can watch feed on salmon.
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park: Several remains can still be seen of this WWII era fort.
- Russian-American Co. Magazin National Historic Landmark: Oldest of only four Russian structures standing in the U.S.
- Lake Clark National Park and Preserve: Beautiful park in the wilderness of Alaska.
All attractions found in the 2019 Alaska Vacation Guide.