Today we move into Washington’s Wine Country, which seems to have a lot of decent hiking and historical areas as well!
- Sacajawea Historical State Park: Location of the river confluence were the Lewis and Clark Expedition arrived in 1805.
- World War II B Reactor Site- Manhattan Project National Park: Take a tour of this site that played a role in the atomic age.
- Twin Sisters Rock: Take a mile long hike to view this two basalt towers.
- Central Washington Agricultural Museum: Hidden gem with a large array of antique farm equipment.
- Whitman College’s Sculpture Garden: Explore large sculptural projects.
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site: Site of an 1847 massacre that broke down relations between the U.S. Government and Native Americans.
- Cowiche Canyon Trail: Hike through the canyon and then ascend to a winery.
All attractions found in the 2019 Washington State Visitor Guide.