Today we reach the end of the Oregon Bucket List series, which works out perfectly to take a brief break during Holy Week/Easter online and in home activities and kick off strong again with the state of Washington next Monday. Today, time to explore the Portland area!
- Hogan Butte Nature Park: Climb to the summit for panoramic views of the town.
- George Rogers Park: Explore walking trails along the river and the historic “Iron Furnace.”
- Canemah Bluff Nature Park: Try out this circuit of hiking trails.
- End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center: Honors the journey of trail pioneers.
- McLoughlin Promenade: This linear park gives a great overlook of Willamette Falls.
- Museum of the Oregon Territory: This museum just further adds to the history of the area.
- Willamette Falls: Check out the nation’s second largest falls in volume.
- Hoyt Arboretum: Contains 2000 species of trees and 12 miles of trails.
- Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for the Holocaust Education: Check out these introspective and thought provoking exhibits.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: Check out these hands on exhibits including a retired Navy submarine.
- Pioneer Courthouse Square: Honors the pioneers who settled in the area.
- Powell Butte Nature Park: Family friendly nature area with stunning viewpoints.
- Powell’s City of Books: World’s largest independent bookstore.
- Portland Japanese Garden: Offers eight distinct Japanese gardens.
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park: Offers a path for walkers along the Willamette River.
All attractions found in the 2019 Oregon and Travel Portland Visitor Guides.