Today we explore the region that Oregon Trail pioneers longed to reach, the Willamette Valley. This is also the region that hosts the state’s capitol.
- Albany Historic Carousel and Museum: View a collection of hand carved and painted creatures.
- Sahalie, Koosah, and Tamolitch Falls: Utilize the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail to view these three wonders in the Willamette National Forest.
- Molalla River State Park: This park sits at the confluence of three waterways.
- Alsea Falls Recreation Site: Access two rumbling cascades.
- Proxy and Salt Creek Falls: Two more waterfalls located within the Willamette National Forest.
- Oregon State Capitol: Another capitol building to check off our list.
- Peter Courtney Minto Island Bridge: Connects three urban parks.
- Oregon Garden: Botanical garden featuring the diversity of the Pacific Northwest.
- Silver Falls State Park: Walk behind falls on the Trail of Ten Falls.
- Sankey Park: Visit the relocated Weddle Covered Bridge.
- Thompson’s Mills State Heritage Site: Preserves the state’s last remaining water powered mill.
- Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm: Iconic spot along an agricultural route.
All attractions found in the 2019 Oregon and Willamette Valley Visitor Guides.