Today’s Oregon region brings us to the center of the state and focuses on the city of Bend and the surrounding area.
- Deschutes National Forest: Check out the Todd Lake Loop Trail.
- Deschutes River Trail: Explore Benham and Dillon Falls along this walking path.
- High Desert Museum: Exhibits display the birds and wildlife that live in the lava landscape.
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument: Learn about the area’s volcanic past and enjoy a nice vista of Paulina Peak.
- Pilot Butte: Old volcano you can climb within city limits.
- Fort Rock Homestead Village Museum: Explore abandoned homesteads at this outdoor museum.
- Crooked River National Grassland: Offers several hiking trails and standout landmarks of the Peninsula and the Island.
- Sherars Falls: Watch some of the local tribe fish for salmon on platforms below the falls.
- Smith Rock State Park: Beautiful rock park that is a favorite for rock climbers.
- Steelhead Falls: Another set of falls to explore.
- Museum at Warm Springs: First tribal museum in the state of Oregon.
All attractions found in the 2019 Oregon and Central Oregon Visitor Guides.