Today as it is miserably snowing outside my window, I write of future explorations through Eastern Oregon.
- Lake Owyhee State Park: Visit this beautiful lake nestled in a canyon.
- Steens Mountain: Hike the largest fault block in North America.
- National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center: Explore original wagon ruts!
- SAGE Center: Explore the region’s agricultural and technological heritage that helped shaped its future.
- Hat Rock State Park: Explore this unique geological wonder.
- Pillars of Rome: Another geological wonder to explore.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument: Learn about the fossils found in the area and also explore Sheep Rock and Painted Hills.
- Tamastslikt Cultural Center: Explore the history of the tribes in the area and the devastation that came to them during westward expansion.
- Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge: Home to antelope, bighorn sheep, and elk.
- Hells Canyon: Explore the deepest river gorge in America.
- Catherine Creek State Park: Hike and camp along a crystal clear creek in this more secluded state park.
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park: Great park for hiking and camping.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 Oregon and Eastern Oregon Travel Guides.