Today we explore two lesser known Hawaiian islands: the islands of Moloka’i and Lana’i. These islands are both rather small and can be accessed via day trips from Lahaina Harbor on Maui.
Island of Moloka’i
- Kalaupapa National Historical Park: This park preserves the area where a Belgian priest courageously served the colony. Visit by appointment only.
- Mo’oula Falls: Located in Halawa Valley, this waterfall and area can be explored via a guided hike.
Island of Lana’i
- Kaiolohia: Called Shipwreck Beach for the remains of World War II Liberty Ship locate off shore.
- Kaunolu: Explore the remains of a former royal compound and fishing village.
- Kehiakawelo: Visit the Garden of the Gods, absent of vegetation and wildlife.
- Pu’upehe: Sweetheart Rock is located just offshore between two bays.
All attractions found in the 2019 Hawaiian Islands and Maui Travel Guides.