Today we explore O’ahu with probably the largest bucket list I have in this series! It helps that Honolulu is located on this island!
- Pupukea Beach Park: Check out Sharks Cove, a hit among snorklers.
- Waimea Valley: Take a hike to the waterfall.
- Halona Point: Hike along the lava cliffs and take in the Halona Blowhole.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Reserve: Snorkel in this isolated bay.
- Honolulu Zoo: Home to lots of tropical animals.
- Iolani Palace: Explore the site where Hawaiian culture met British Heritage.
- Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline and Makapu’u Trail: Watch the sunrise on this beautiful cliff.
- Le’ahi: Check out the famous “Diamond Head” formation.
- Lyon Arboretum: Explore over 8,000 types of plants found in the rainforest terrain.
- Pa’u ‘Ualaka’a State Park: Explore the Tantalus Rainforest.
- Pearl Harbor National Monument: Lots to see here including the USS Arizona Memorial Museum, USS Arizona Memorial, USS Oklahoma Memorial, USS Battleship Missouri Memorial, Pacific Aviation Museum, and USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park.
- Waikiki Aquarium: Explore several types of marine life, including several native to Hawai’i.
- Byodo-in Temple, Valley of the Temples: Built in memory of the first Japanese immigrants who came to work the sugar plantations.
- Malaekahana Beach Park: Check out a tent cabin at the most beautiful camping spot on the island.
- Ho’omaluhia Botanical Garden: This garden features fruits, flowers and trees native to Hawai’i.
- Kualoa Ranch and Private Nature Reserve: Take a tour to explore the locations of many movies.
- Nu’uanu Pali State Wayside: Come to check out the Pali Lookout.
- Polynesian Cultural Center: The place to check out all things cultural including a luau.
- Dole Plantation: Enjoy all things pineapple at this historic plantation.
- Wahiawa Botanical Garden: Displays tropical flora that needs cooler temperatures.
- Sea Life Park: View penguins, swim with sea lions and dolphins, and feed sea turtles at this fun attraction.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 Hawaiian Islands and Oah’u Travel Guides.