Today we head into research on the Hawaiian Islands. There are 4 bigger islands that will each get their own post, and then 2 smaller islands you can day trip to that will be joined in another post together, so altogether we will have 5 posts about the Hawaiian islands. Today we start with the beautiful island of Kaua’i.
- Manawaiopuna Falls: Also known as Jurassic Falls as it was featured in the movie, this waterfall can only be seen from a helicopter as it is located on private land.
- Hanalei Bay: Enjoy coconuts and refreshing shaved ice at this tropical paradise.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve: Self guided tours will introduce you to many endangered native plants.
- Wai’oli Mission House: Explore how life was over 160 years ago on the island.
- Koke’e State Park: Visit to explore Waipo’o Falls.
- Ha’ena State Park: Beautiful park with many trails.
- Napali Coast State Wilderness Park: Beautiful secluded coast, be sure to hike parts of the Kalalau Trail.
- Wailua River State Park: Home to Wailua Falls.
- Allerton Garden:Visit the giant fig trees that are featured in Jurassic Park.
- McBryde Garden: The world’s largest collection of Native Hawaiian plants.
- Po’ipu Beach Park: Beautiful beach that is popular for whale and monk seal sightings.
- Spouting Horn: Blowhole formed from lava remains that waves crash against.
- Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse: Lighthouse located high on top the cliffs.
- Grove Farm Homestead:Discover the history of sugar cane at this homestead.
- Kalapaki Beach: Great beach for trying out kayaks and stand up paddle boards.
- Kilohana Plantation: Ride a train through orchards, forests, and farmland.
- Lydgate Beach Park: Popular beach area for swimmers and snorkelers.
- ‘Opaeka’a Falls: Convenient Roadside lookout for this falls.
- Waimea Canyon: Nicknamed the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. Lots of fun lookouts and trails to explore.
All attractions found in the 2019 Hawaiian Islands and Kaua’i Travel Guides.