Today we’ve reached the final segment in the California Bucket List series! We head back to the coast today before jetting off to the Hawaiian islands for our next bucket list series; (that one has been a blast to research and I can’t wait until someday I get to travel there for real!) But for now we hit up the final sites to be had in California!
- Battery Point Lighthouse and Museum: Fun light tower to visit.
- Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park: Hike 8 miles of coastline.
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park: Home to Fern Falls and giant redwoods.
- Redwood National and State Parks: Explore the redwood ecosystem.
- Jug Handle State Natural Reserve: Explore blufftop trails and maybe spot a whale off shore.
- Solar Living Institue: Tour the solar living center.
- Point Cabrillo Light Station: Visit this fully restored lighthouse.
- Navarro River Redwoods State Park: Drive an 11 mile redwood tunnel to the sea.
- Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park: Explore another redwood forest.
- Hendy Woods State Park: Visit two virgin redwood groves.
- Point Arena Lighthouse and Museum: Take in panoramic views at this lighthouse.
- Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum: Come learn the history of ships.
- Humboldt Lagoons State Park: Explore lagoons and marshes and find lots of wildlife.
All attractions found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.