Headed back into the mountains today! Time to hit up the northern mountainous region in the state.
- McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park: Enjoy Burney Falls, the centerpiece of this park.
- Castle Crags State Park: Enjoy rock pinnacles along these trails.
- National Yo-yo Museum: Largest display of yo-yos in the nation.
- McCutcheon Pearl Harbor Battle Monument: World War II Memorial.
- Lake Shasta Caverns: Tour includes a boat ride along Shasta Lake and an hour tour of the caverns.
- Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park: Cruise a freshwater spring.
- McCloud River Falls: Pass three waterfalls as you hike along the river.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park: Enjoy hiking along steam vents, boiling pots, and volcanic peaks.
- Herd Peak Lookout: Enjoy a hike to this mountain overlook.
- Subway Cave Lava Tube: Enjoy a ranger led tour of this underground wonder.
- Feather Falls: The 6th highest waterfall in the United States.
- McConnell Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: Beautiful gardens to explore.
- Sundial Bridge: Enjoy this unique piece of architecture spanning the Sacramento River.
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park: Features a museum and forestry and wildlife center.
- Lava Beds National Monument: Includes more than 700 caves and historic battlefields.
All attractions found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.