Another short and sweet list in the California Bucket list series.
- Underground Gold Miners Museum: Learn more about the history of the area.
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Park: Try panning for gold in the river and learn what life was like in an 1850’s tent town.
- Lake Natoma: Created by a dam across the American River, this lake is popular with all water lovers.
- Empire Mine State Historic Park: One of the oldest, deepest, and richest gold mines of California.
- Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park: Sits of California’s largest “hydraulic” mine.
- California State Railroad Museum: Offers weekend excursion train rides.
- Old Sacramento State Historic Park: View early Gold Rush structures.
All attractions found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.