Today we head to the mountains of California and to one of the most visited National Parks in the nation: Yosemite.
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park: Visit a grove of giant sequoias.
- Palisade Glacier: Largest glacier in the Sierra Nevada.
- Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest: Visit these iconic trees with twisted trunks and contorted limbs.
- Keough’s Hot Springs: Relax in a natural hot spring.
- Eastern California Museum: Find information on the area.
- Manzanar National Historic Site: Site of a WWII Japanese Internment Camp.
- Mono Lake: Visit an ancient saline lake.
- Devil’s Postpile National Monument: Heap of hexagonal columns formed from old lava flow.
- Hot Creek Geologic Site: Boiling water and steam come up from this creek.
- California State Mining and Mineral Museum: Experience the mining history of the state and view gems from all over the world.
- Grover Hot Springs State Park: Hike through forests and meadows and then relax in the swimming pool hot springs.
- Lewis Creek National Recreation Trail: Lots of waterfalls along this trail.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: Hike among the famous Sierra Nevada Mountains in these sister parks.
- D.L. Bliss State Park: Enjoy swimming and scuba diving.
- Emerald Bay State Park: Enjoy hiking, swimming and other water activities.
- Yosemite National Park: Hike in one of America’s most visited National Parks.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.