After a large list yesterday centered around San Francisco, today we move to the Central Valley with a much smaller list.
- California Living Museum: This contains a butterfly and hummingbird garden.
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park: This town was founded in 1908 by a group of African Americans.
- Forestiere Underground Gardens: Explore 10 acres of underground tunnels where fruit trees still grow.
- Woodward Park: Lots of great walking trails and the Shinzen Japanese Garden to explore.
- National Chavez Center: Learn about Cesar Chavez’s legacy.
- Fort Tejon State Historic Park: Explore restored adobes from the original fort.
- Carrizo Plain National Monument: Explore diverse wildlife and plants.
- Honda Food Culture Museum: Learn about world food culture.
- Giant Sequoia National Monument: View the world’s largest tree.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.