Today we head further up California’s coast and begin to explore more of the central area of the state.
- Andrew Molera State Park: Take in majestic views of the Pacific coast.
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park: This park is located above the Big Sur River Gorge.
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve: Take in the views of clear blue coves below the hiking trails.
- Carpinteria State Beach: Great place to explore the tide pools.
- Gaviota State Park: Hike to Gaviota Peak for a great view of the Channel Islands.
- Montery Bay Aquarium: Amazing aquarium with hundreds of exhibits.
- Henry W. Coe State Park: Filled with steep ridges and canyons, this park is filled with rugged hiking trails.
- Morro Rock: This is fondly known at the “Gibraltar of the Pacific.”
- Monarch Grove Sanctuary: Explore the monarch butterfly’s winter home.
- Point Pinos Lighthouse: The oldest continuously operating lighthouse on the west coast.
- National Steinbeck Center: Celebrate the creativity of this famed author.
San Juan Bautista
- Mission San Juan Bautista: Largest of California’s missions.
- Aramark Hearst Castle: Offers a variety of guided tours.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 California Travel Guide.