Home of the “snow birds” that don’t head to Florida, Phoenix is a well visited part of the state, especially in the winter! Here are some fun things to check out in that area!
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument: Preserves structures from the Pueblo III and IV eras.
- University of Phoenix Stadium: Home of the Arizona Cardinals. I’d love to take a tour of the facilities.
- Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium, and Safari Park: This huge zoo has a focus on African and South American animals.
- Biosphere 2: This is an American Earth system science research facility. It would be so neat to tour.
- Arizona Science Center: Hands-on learning fun!
- Desert Botanical Garden: Experience the beauty of desert plants.
- Heard Museum: Museum dedicated to American Indian art.
- Japanese Friendship Garden: Beautiful and relaxing garden in which to take a stroll.
- Musical Instrument Museum: Fun place for a music major like me to explore.
- Phoenix Zoo: Largest privately owned zoo in the United States.
- South Mountain Park and Preserve: Fun place to go hiking.
- Butterfly Wonderland: Huge rain forest habitat that is filled with butterflies of all kinds.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West: Tour this architectural wonder.
- OdySea Aquarium: This is the largest aquarium in the Southwest.
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park: The largest and oldest botanical garden in Arizona.
- Arizona Heritage Center: Arizona’s center for history.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 Arizona Travel Guide.