Today we hit up a lesser traveled area of Arizona: The North Central Region.
- Fort Verde State Historic Park: This park preserves parts of the Apache War-era fort.
- Montezuma Castle National Monument: Preserves an old cliff dwelling.
- Tuzigoot National Monument: Preserves a 2-3 story pueblo.
- Arcosanti: Take a tour of this experimental town.
- Verde River Hot Springs: Come relax in the man made pools still filled by the hot springs that once were part of a now abandoned hot spring resort.
- Tonto Natural Bridge State Park: This natural bridge is believed to be the largest natural travertine bridge in the world.
- Tonto National Monument: Showcases two Salado-style cliff dwellings.
- Red Rock State Park: Features trails along a red rock canyon just outside of Sedona.
- Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park: This park was created to memorialize the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who died here while fighting the Yarnell Hill fire in 2013.
All attractions found in the 2019 Arizona Travel Guide.