The Free-Range Art Hwy in Nevada technically runs from Reno to Las Vegas, but in my list I’ve already featured Reno several times in previous journeys so mine will start in Goldfield just south of the end of the Extraterrestrial Highway that was featured in Tuesday’s post.
- Goldfield Historic Cemetery: Worth a walk through to see some of the unfortunate passings of old west residents.
- International Car Forest of the Last Church: An ever changing sprawling garden of stacked and sticking out of the ground vehicles.
- Rocket Bob’s “Art Cars”: Parked along Goldfield’s main drag, these cars are truly a work of art.
Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Goldwell Open Air Museum: I want to visit just to check out the ghostly version of the Last Supper.
- Seven Magic Mountains: Photo op of colorfully painted boulders with a mountain back drop!
All attractions found in the 2019 Nevada Travel Guide.