Today’s Bucket List Post takes us across the “Loneliest Road in America”, which surprisingly has quite a bit I’m interested in checking out! This stretch takes us from Carson City, to the town of Baker on the border!
- Nevada’s State Capitol: All state capitols are on my bucket list, so this is a must.
- Dayton State Park: Beautiful park that has mining history along the river.
- Republic of Molossia: Leave the country without leaving Nevada in this quirky tourist “Country”.
- Sand Mountain: this is a 6 story tall singing sand dune.
- Middlegate Station: This Pony Express station turned restaurant has been in existence since 1860.
- Kingston Canyon: This once is actually located a bit south of the Loneliest Road, but worth it for the stunning canyon views.
- Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park: Showcases Ichthyosaur fossils and an old mining town.
- East Ely Railroad Depot Museum and Nevada Northern Railway: 1907 is frozen in time at this museum and you can even ride on a working steam locomotive.
All attractions found in the 2019 Nevada Travel Guide.