We’ve reached the final region in our Colorado Bucket List series! We have made it to the southwest corner before heading into Utah.
- Chimney Rock National Monument: Not to be confused with the Chimney Rock in Nebraska, this one looks just as fun!
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument: This area protects over 6000 ancient archaeological and cultural sites.
- Hovenweep National Monument: Part of the National Park Service, this site protects an important cultural area.
- Fort Uncompahgre: An old fur trader fort that gives perspective on life in the Old West.
- Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: Picturesque rail ride through the mountains.
- Colorado National Monument: Area of desert land on the Colorado Plateau.
- Grand Mesa: Largest flat topped mountain in the world.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Come visit the Ancestral Pueblo village, including the Cliff Palace.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park: Beautiful park along the Black Canyon.
- Ute Indian Museum: Museum detailing the history and culture of the Ute Indians.
- Ouray Hot Springs Pool: Visit the natural hot springs of the area.
- The Springs Resort and Spa: Allows you to visit the world’s deepest Geothermal Hot Spring.
- Cunningham Gulch: Fun hiking place with waterfalls.
- Ice Lakes Basin: Beautiful lake nestled among the mountains.
- Mayflower Mill, Old Hundred Gold Mine, and Silverton Museum and Jail: Take part in a tour that helps teach about the history of the area.
- Bridal Veil Falls: Hike out to the beautiful falls.
- Four Corners Monument: I think I featured this in either Arizona or New Mexico, but since it also involves Colorado I figured I’d also throw it in here!
All attractions found in the 2019 Colorado Vacation Guide.