Today we continue our journey into the mountains and explore the area that is home to Mount Elbert, the highest peak in Colorado.
- Windy Ridge Bristlecone Pine Scenic Area: This area protects Bristlecone Pine Trees that have been sculpted by the wind.
- Maroon Lake: Beautiful lake named for it’s color.
- Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Hot Springs or Iron Mountain Hot Springs: Both offer options to explore and enjoy the hot springs of the area.
- Hanging Lake: Beautiful lake that was formed from its existence along a fault line.
- Mount Evans Scenic Byway: Great way to take a drive through the mountains.
- Hopemore Underground Mine Tour: One of a few mining tour still available to the public in Colorado.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum: A great way to learn more about the history of mining.
- Twin Lakes: These lakes sit in the shadow of Mount Elbert.
- Goat Yoga at Vail Stables: I’ve always thought is would be fun to try out goat yoga.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 Colorado Vacation Guide.