Today we head into an area that seems to be far less visited in Colorado and yet listed as having several “hidden gems.” So I guess, here I am now spoiling these hidden spots and sharing the knowledge with all my readers!
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve: It’s a National Park, so of course I must visit, but these large dunes are sure to impress!
- Zapata Falls: Located just south of Great Sand Dunes NP, this is listed as a hidden gem of Colorado.
- North and South Clear Creek Falls: Located within a National Forest, these falls look stunning!
- Wheeler Geological Area: These stone spires look like a beautiful area to explore!
- Penitente Canyon, Natural Arch, and Elephant Rocks: Three different hiking opportunities lie within this National Forest area.
- UFO Watch Tower: Sounds like a fun little roadside oddity to check out!
- Lake San Cristobal: Beautiful Lake nestled between the mountains that brought the city it’s name.
All attractions found in the 2019 Colorado Vacation Guide.