As those who follow the blog have probably realized, I did not do a great job keeping up with posts this summer. Part of this was because we were out traveling and exploring new places to write about, but part of it was….life just got in the way! I really am hoping to be back at it, so here’s our first Bucket List post in quite some time. Today we visit the Pikes Peak region of Colorado, a region we may actually end up visiting within the next year! But I could be completely wrong in that statement…you never know with us!
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park: Walk across the highest suspension bridge in the state!
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls: Series of 7 waterfalls.
- Cave of the Winds Mountain Park: Fun cave tour experience.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: The highest zoo in the nation!
- Garden of the Gods: Beautiful red rocked area designated a National Landmark.
- National Museum of World War II Aviation: Located at the Colorado Springs Airport, this allows you to view several different artifacts from WWII.
- Pikes Peak: Located just west of town, this is the highest summit of the southern Front Range of the Rockies.
- Pub Dog: Local restaurant that includes a fenced in play place for man’s best friends.
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space: Beatufiul place to enjoy hiking trails.
- U.S. Olympic Training Center: As an Olympics fanatic, this is a must see for me!
- Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine: The only vertical shaft gold mine tour in America.
- Mueller State Park: Beautiful mountainous park for hiking.
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument: Explore several plant and insect fossils at this National Monument!
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings: Explore these ancient homes just a few miles from Colorado Springs.
- El Pueblo History Museum: Gives the history of the many cultures that have formed the history of this area.
- Historic Arkansas Riverwalk: Beautiful walk along the river.
- The Steelworks Museum: Preserves the history of the coal and steel industries of the Western United States.
- Browns Canyon National Monument: Beautiful area along the Arkansas River, and a newly recognized National Monument.
All attractions found in the 2019 Colorado Vacation Guide.