Sorry! I’ve been MIA for about the past week as we were doing some traveling to visit friends and wrapping up the school year! But this week, I’m back into it! Back to our Colorado Bucket List, with a major tourist area today….Denver and the surrounding Cities of the Rockies!
- Audrey Jane’s Pizza Garage: Those who follow close know I don’t typically feature restaurants on the bucket lists, but this one was featured on Triple D on Food Network, so it will probably withstand the test of time!
- Museum of Boulder: Museum that features interactive exhibits that teach about the history of the area.
- Butterfly Pavilion: Butterfly house, that not only features butterflies, but also tons of other bugs you might find in a Colorado backyard.
- Cherry Creek: THE place to go for fine shopping and dining.
- Confluence Park: Where the South Platte River and Cherry Creek meet. Offers a portion where you can try out kayaks.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science: This looks to be like a fascinating Science Museum with a huge focus on Animals of the world.
- Denver Zoo: I love zoos and I’m guessing Denver has some great zoo exhibits.
- Downtown Aquarium: This looks to be like a very diverse and elaborate aquarium.
- History Colorado Center: Looks to be a great history museum about not only the Denver area, but also the state as a whole.
- State Capitol: Of course no trip to Denver would be complete without a stop at the capitol building.
- Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum: This one is more on the list for Andrew as he gets super into checking out big planes!
- Rocky Mountain National Park: Of course a NPS junkie like me has to get this National Park in the books. Special areas mentioned in the travel guide featured, Trail Ridge Road, Gem Lake and Bridal Falls.
- Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum: This only museum in the nation that teaches about mountaineering.
- Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave: Museum dedicated to the life of Buffalo Bill Cody and his final resting place.
- Coors Brewery: While I’m not a beer drinking, I think this popular brewery would still be worth the visit.
- Golden Gate Canyon State Park: State Park located at the edge of the Rockies.
- South Table Mountain Park: Park located on a mesa at the foot of the Front Range.
- Colorado Model Railroad Museum: I think model railroads are fascinating to explore so this museum would be fun to visit, particularly for their Christmas village portion.
- Poudre Learning Center: This learning center helps families learn of the impact the Poudre River had on the area and offers some trails.
- Warrior Playground: Offers classes on an official Ninja Warrior Playground used for training purposes.
- Devil’s Backbone Open Space: Great place for hiking with unusual rock formations.
All attractions can be found in the 2019 Colorado Travel Guide.