We have now reached out final New Mexico region before heading into the mountainous state of Colorado. Last stop…the Northeast region.
- Capulin Volcano National Monument: An extinct volcano where you can view 5 states from the rim.
- Cimarron Canyon State Park: The Cimarron River flows through this narrow canyon.
- Pecos National Historic Park: Allows visitors to explore the cultural and geographical details that helped shaped the areas history.
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail: Old wagon ruts can be found along the trail outside of town.
- Blue Hole: Known for attracting SCUBA divers to it’s clear waters.
- New Mexico Route 66 Museum: Museum features many artifacts from the state’s portion of Route 66.
- Tee Pee Curios: Major landmark along Route 66.
- Fort Union National Monument: Once was the largest military installments in the region.
All attractions found in the 2019 New Mexico Travel Guide.