Following the longer list of Tuesday, today we scale back the list size a bit and visit the plains region that includes the major city of San Antonio.
- South Texas Museum: Museum that focuses on this region of Texas.
- Fort Duncan: Fort Duncan was used as a Civil War post for the Confederacy.
- Presidio La Bahia: This fort shows an example of a complete Spanish presidio.
- Botas de Mercedes: 25 boot sculptures can be found throughout town.
- National Butterfly Center: Houses thousands of plants needed for butterfly and caterpillar growth.
- The Alamo: The most famous Texas mission.
- Battle for Texas the Experience: Interactive exhibit to experience the battle of the Alamo.
- Brackenridge Park: Beautiful park that features a Japanese Garden.
- La Villita: The little village brings the feel of Old San Antonio.
- Market Square: Largest indoor market outside of Mexico.
- River Walk: The popular Riverwalk is lined with many shops and restaurants.
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park: Park that features four colonial missions.
- The Texas Star Trail: Downtown walking tour that leads to 80 historical sites.
- Tower of the Americas: Offers a birds-eye view of the city.
- Banderas de Weslaco: United States flags are displayed in the order that they entered the Union.
- Estero Llano Grande State Park: Park features many hiking trails and observation decks.
All attractions found in the 2018 Texas Travel Guide.