The North Central Region of Kansas is probably the longest Bucket List of the state!
- Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum, and Boyhood Home: Another presidential museum to check off our list, and one I know little about.
- Museum of Independent Telephony: Time to learn the history of the Telephone!
- Alma Creamery: Home to the famous Alma Cheese.
- Prairie Lavender Farm: Tour a lavender farm.
- The Linger Longer Soda and Sandwich Shop: Visit a 106 year old soda fountain!
- World’s Largest Ball of Twine: We love roadside oddities like this!
- National Orphan Train Complex: A museum honoring the Orphan Train movement of the late 1800’s.
- POW Camp Concordia: Visit an old WWII German POW camp.
- Neosho Riverwalk-Santa Fe River Crossing: Site of a river crossing along the Santa Fe Trail.
- Self Guided Tour-Santa Fe Trail in Council Grove: Walk along historical sites located along the Santa Fe Trail.
- Trail Days Cafe and Museum: Unique dining along the historic Santa Fe Trail.
- First Territorial Capital State Historic Site: Location where forces tried to make Kansas a proslavery state.
- U.S. Cavalry Museum: Shows the history of the mounted horse soldier.
- Bowl Plaza: Public Restroom that is shaped like a toilet.
- Black Squirrels on Parade: Several black squirrel sculptures can be found around town.
- George Washington Carver Museum Exhibit: Boyhood home of Carver.
- Cozy Inn: Voted Kansas favorite burger and also shown in the top 10 on Travel Channel.
- Oz Museum: An entire museum dedicated to the Wizard of Oz.
- Oz Winery: Winery themed around the Wizard of Oz.
- Toto’s Tacoz: Taco joint themed around the Wizard of Oz.
- Marcon Pies: Tour a pie factory.
All attractions found in the 2018 Kansas Travel Guide.