We are moving on to our second region of six in the Kansas Bucket List Series.
- Monarch Pharmacy: An old soda fountain along Route 66.
- Jones Park Disc Golf Courses: These two courses are world class.
- Peter Pan Disc Golf Course: This is home to the Glass Blown Open.
- Fort Scott National Historic Site: This fort is part of my National Park Passport.
- Cars on the Route: A historic garage located on Route 66 and a tow truck that inspired Car’s Mater.
- Little House on the Prairie Museum: Site of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House on the Prairie.
- Chicken Annie’s Original Inc.: Family owned restaurant that helped make this the Chicken Capital of Kansas.
- Chicken Mary’s: This restaurant has been featured on Travel Channel and is one of “8 Wonders of Kansas Cuisine.”
- Marais des Cygnes Massacre State Historic Site: Proslavery men attacked free men at this site. It is also a National Historic Landmark.
- Big Brutus Inc.: This is the world’s largest electric shovel.
All attractions taken from the 2018 Kansas Travel Guide.