Many consider Kansas a flyover state, but it really does have plenty to do and see! Here is the 1st of 6 installments in the Kansas Bucket List series.
- Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum: Great place to begin learning about the famous pilot.
- Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission State Historic Site: This area was set aside as a mission post for these three Native American tribes.
- Kansas Territorial Captial Museum: This was the territorial capitol site and also where president Eisenhower’s parents were married.
- Brown vs Board of Education National Historic Site: This is one we have visited and it was very eye opening to how Brown vs Board played out.
- Evel Knievel Museum: Museum dedicated to this famous daredevil.
- Kansas Museum of History: We had a great time visiting this museum that very clearly laid out the state’s history.
- Kansas State Capitol: This capitol dome is so unique and a very cool experience to climb above it’s inner dome.
That’s all for the northeast!
All attractions found in the 2018 Kansas Travel Guide.