This bucket list region is slightly shorter than the other four, but is home to the capital city, Jefferson City.
- Warm Springs Ranch: Home of the Budweiser Clydesdales!
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park: This park has the ruins of an old castle hidden within it’s property.
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park: This park features a natural rock bridge and several springs and sinkholes.
- Historic Route 66 Overlook: This was once one of the most dangerous stretches of Route 66.
- Berlin Wall Breakthrough Sculpture: A neat memorial created to remember the effects of the Berlin Wall.
- National Churchill Museum: Museum dedicated to the life of Sir Winston Churchill.
- Governor’s Mansion: We have been outside this mansion, but didn’t have a chance to tour it as it was closed the day we visited.
- Lewis and Clark Trailhead Plaza: This plaza was very neat when we visited with statues commemorating this dynamic duo.
- Missouri State Museum and Capitol: The state museum is located inside the capitol which is open to all and easy to take a self-guided tour through.
- Route 66 Museum: This museum is housed in the same building as the town’s library. It’s a nice little display of some history from the Mother Road.
- Where Pigs Fly Farm and Pigs Aloft Museum: This is the only pig museum in the United States!
- Clark’s Hill-Norton State Historic Site: The Lewis and Clark Expedition camped out at this site.
- Frog Rock: Giant boulder painted to look like a frog.
- Route 66 Pulaski County Courthouse Museum: This museum contains pieces of the World Trade Center and Pentagon, so seems like it would be interesting to visit.
- Trail of Tears Memorial: This stop has storyboards detailing the life of the Cherokee Nation.
All attractions found in the 2018 Missouri Travel Guide.